Is it Monday? If you haven’t picked up on this yet, time is flying in our house. It’s sort of ridiculous. I keep trying to figure out how to catch up with it, but I’m finding that reining it in is considerably easier on the ol’ ticker and patellas (go ahead, Google that last one…I did).
We started a new experiment in time-taming last night with our first ever Lights Out Night. Instead of turning on lamps, computers and televisions, we turned off everything but the AC and the washing machine (lest the cloth diapers “brew” in their pail any longer) and lit a few platefuls of tea lights.
Who knows how long this will last (or how many of our neighbors think we’re hosting a seance), but right now we’re shooting for two nights a week. The first try was a winner! Yay for free headspace and lower energy bills!
- Agnes Obel (I just jumped a little when I pulled up her page. Side note about me: I’m jumpy. If you ever try to scare me, I take absolutely no responsibility for injuries to your person or valuables caused by my Chuck Norris-like flailing appendages. You’ve been warned.)
- Norah Jones
- Madeleine Peyroux
- 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess (by a local Austin author, Jen Hatmaker) –Almost done with this one. I give it two thumbs and big toes way way up!
- FOOD…enough of it to feed 3.5 people.
- Trying to decide between five different shades of yellows, blues, greens and reds to paint our new-to-us Craigslist freebie dining table AND chairs! My eyes are starting to cross and I think I may have created a new color. More details to come.
- Watching THIS over and over and over. I love her. It’s okay; you don’t have to thank me. The joy that I know is now at home in your heart is enough.