Hi, there. I’m alive! A delightful combination of sleep deprivation, a full calendar and just downright forgetfulness have kept me far from Blog Land. Whatever. It’s almost Christmas and all is well! It’s good to see you again!
(See, just look how happy we are to see you.)
Here’s a little run down of what we’re into these days:
- Playful Learning: Develop Your Child’s Sense of Joy and Wonder by Mariah Bruehl
- This post from a
guylady with some good ideas…at least I think so.
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken (I’m using a rotisserie chicken instead)
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza (it’s ACTUALLY delicious!)
- Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Meatballs
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos (again, I sub a rotisserie chicken and just heat it up in the skillet with salsa)
- Whole Wheat Gingerbread Cookies
- Family “Inspiration Board” (upcycling a HUGE message board from the dog groomer’s down the street…pics to come)
- Advent countdown chain: a simple paper chain counting down the days with a reading from the Jesus Storybook Bible and an activity for that day or evening (Sunday night we decorated our tiny tree, last night we made Apple Crisp, and today we’re making a list of gifts our girls will give to some sweet foster kids and families in our town…make your own fun!)
- Checking out all the great free things to do in Austin during this festive time of year!
- Pinning away ideas for tasty treats, fun creations and lovely ideas for decorating our…new home! (details to follow)