Another week is here! Holy moly. We’re starting Week Seven of our moving back to FL countdown! It’s already a blur and a joy and a sadness and a hope-filled adventure.
Here’s what’s new with us. What about you?
- The Strokes (thanks, Christoph for letting me know how out of the loop I’ve been) 🙂
- She & Him (Zooey Deschanel is my girl crush)
- Rise Up & Sing by Lex Buckley (almost done with this re-read…even better the second time!)
- Just for kicks (and maybe to actually try one day): Worms, anyone?
- Carrot, Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Muffins (I’ll add some banana and sub maple syrup or honey for the brown sugar)
- It’s Just Good Chili
- 1 lb ground beef (I sometimes sub cooked lentils for half of this)
- 1 med onion, chopped (1/2 cu)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or equivalent of garlic powder…to taste, really)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato paste (and one can water to make “sauce”)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 4-5 cups cooked beans (more if I want to stretch this meal) or 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- Cook beef, onion and garlic over med heat until browned; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally (I never let it cook that long…I’m just usually in a rush to feed people)
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 10 min, storing occasionally, until desire thickness.
- Fruit Leather
- Breakfast Ice Cream or The Only Way I’ll Eat a Banana
- Strawberry Kefir Pancakes (kind of made this one up on the fly for the Pink Ladies, Teagan and Kylie, the other day)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup strawberry kefir (blend your kefir with fresh or frozen strawberries–I used about 5 strawberries for each cup of kefir)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Yields 4-6 4″ pancakes
- Recovering our (landlord’s!) dining chairs. Borrowed antiques and toddlers don’t mix!
- Purging for the move and prepping my merchandise for the Mama Cents consignment sale this month!
- Singing. By myself, with others, anywhere, anytime. It’s hard to be angry or stressed and sing at the same time! Ok, well, unless you’re in an angry band or have strep throat.