Happy Monday, Misters and Misses. Can you believe we only have one more of these bad boys left in July? Holy Encroaching Autumn, Batman! There are Christmas decorations for sale at Hobby Lobby already! I almost walked out in protest the other day, but then I remembered how much I love that wonderful black hole of a store.
- Neutral Milk Hotel
- Youth Lagoon
- Lord Huron
- Brendan Trinkle (We love this guy. And we love that he found himself a lovely wife. So much love.)
- Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan (If you haven’t heard of him–well, we’re probably not friends if you haven’t–go watch his stand-up on netflix. Then we can talk about the friendship thing.)
- Trying to remember how we potty trained our first born. It’s little sister’s turn now, but I think your memory gets erased (like Men in Black style) every time you have a baby. I bought more chocolate chips. This is the one area of parenting, for me, where there can never be enough praise or bribery.
- Mexican Pork Bowls
- Squash Rolls (Contrary to my former belief, these are in fact not dinner rolls stuffed with squash…because that would be disgusting. One of the greatest fears of a “texture person” like myself. Also, I’ll be subbing honey for the sugar. Just in case you want to join me.)
- Blueberry Muffins
- Substitute unsweetened apple sauce for any oil in your recipe
- Substitue maple syrup or honey for the sugar. For each cup of sugar the ratios are:
- Maple syrup: 1/2 to 2/3 cup (Reduce the recipe’s liquid by 1/4 and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda per cup of syrup)
- Honey: 1/2 cup (Reduce liquids by 1/8. Reduce oven temperature by 25 degrees and cook a bit longer)
- Chicken Spring Rolls (rice paper and sweet chili sauce…mmmmm)
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- A leeetle something for a friend who’s growing a leeetle baby in her body. Seriously, our bodies are crazy awesome.
- Getting up at 5:30 with the hubby. The 30 minutes of sleep loss is totally worth the difference it makes when you can beat your children up…meaning, to be awake before them…not to start your day with violence (which may or may not have been how I felt like starting some days that began with me getting simultaneously drop-kicked in the face and asked for milk). It’s shocking! I loves me some sleep, but I’m seeing the wisdom in this early bird deal now.