A new week. It’s here. Brimming with possibilities!
Doesn’t that sound awesome?!
I really am an optimist in my mind, but sometimes that grody ol’ cynicism busts in and starts trashing the joint. Other days it’s worry that gets the best of my would-be positivity. And then there are those days where I (wrongfully) give myself a free pass to be in a bad mood because I didn’t get my full eight hours or somebody peed on the floor again.
Whatever the case. My not-so-great days are salvaged by hope. When I have no idea what I’ve done, what I’m doing, what I’ll do, or why I’m even doing any of it (I’d like to go on record saying that this is most of the time), there is hope. Hope that little changes do add up and that one day lightbulbs will go off in all of our little beautiful brains. Hope in the knowledge that I am definitely not enough…and that this is the best possible news.
So, ya. There’s your motivational, inspirational, feel good stuff from a recovering cynic. (I would also like to go on record saying that cynicism is never funny, but sarcasm can be darn funny, so that won’t be going anywhere. Just FYI.)
Here’s what we’re doing this week, the one brimming with possibilities! Join us happy folks and party-poopers, alike!
- Grow Vegetables in Pots. I like a good self-explanatory title. It called out to me from the Non-Fiction New Releases shelf at the library with a quiet, but reassuring confidence in what it will teach me. We shall see, Book. We shall see.
- How much I have really, truly, madly, and deeply fallen in love with solid sleep. Staying up on Pinterest or cleaning dishes? Ain’t nobody got time fo’ that.
- Clean Cocoa Roasted Amonds
- Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- What I have dubbed the “Italian Sisters’ Salad Supreme” (I have these friends, you see, and they’re all sisters. They’re all Italian. They all make a salad that goes with everything. It’s successful reproduction has eluded me…until now.)
- Romaine lettuce
- Feta Cheese
- Green Olives
- Red Onions (this ingredient wasn’t mentioned, but I know I’ve seen them in it before!)
- Olive Oil (~1 cup)
- Balsamic Vinegar (~1/4 cup)
- Garlic, 1 clove, crushed (or Garlic Powder)
- Brown Sugar, a pinch
- Mix these things together and prepare yourself to feel like a Salad Queen! I know some of you are laughing at the simplicity of this, but I don’t even care. I have finally defeated raw spinach!
- Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- I’ll stretch a bit here and say that I’m creating, or cultivating friendships this week. The Extrovert is ready for “Pop-Ins”!
- I’m going to a writer’s workshop for the next six weeks. I’m either going to rock it…or go hide under a rock. Actually, I’m claustrophobic, so the rock thing would never work.
- The pool. I would live in it if I could. (Fact: I’ve always secretly wanted to believe that mermaids are real. The National Enquirer “Half Human, Half Fish” headlines I saw in the checkout line as a kid put a pretty big damper on this, though. Even so, I still pretended to be a mermaid for every summer between the ages of 5 and 12.)